Since the launch of the next-gen Brezza and the Grand Vitara, Maruti Suzuki India Pvt Ltd has been on cloud nine as with the launches the brand has been overwhelmed with orders. so much so that now the MSIL has over 4,00,000 pending orders for both SUVs. We can say that Maruti might have taken more than they could handle.
How is Maruti tackling this production shortage?
- As of now, Maruti has a cumilative production capacity of 15 lakh units per annum at the brands Manesar and Gurugram facilities.
- Moreover, the brands Gujrat based facilty produces just over 7.50 lakh units annually.
- Although Maruti Suzuki plans to open 2 new faciities in Haryana by 2025
- The brand is also planning to invest over INR 7,000 crore the construction of the new Harayan bassed plantes for teh production of all its upcoming models.
- It is aso expected that Maruti Suzuki might also showcase and launch atleast 3 new models next year.
- These models include the Maruti Suzuki Jimny (Thar rival). Baleno cross (Kiger & Magnite rival) and a compact SUV which will be locking its horns with the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Jeep compass and the MG Hector.
- Talking about the mechanical aspect, the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza comes loaded with a 1.5L Advanced K-Series Dual Jet petrol engine with mild hybrid tech.
- While the Grand Vitara sports the same engine with mild and strong hybris variants.
- Both models comes paired to a 5-speed manual transmission as standard while a 6-speed automatic tansmission is do come in extra.