Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch a 5-door version of the Jimny anytime soon, though the exact timeline is still not disclosed. On the other hand, Mahindra has showcased its plan for the next 4 years. A total of 23 vehicles, including commercial as well as private, are in the lineup. One of them is the 5-door Mahindra Thar.
The current version, 2-door Thar, is mainly focused on individuals or the ones who want a lifestyle vehicle. The 2-Door makes it a bit of an inconvenience when it comes to the families. Mahindra has achieved a great feat with over 50,000 bookings for the 2-door Thar.
What can we expect from the 5-door Mahindra Thar?
- This Thar will be majorly focused on families. Mahindra plans to expand the Thar portfolio to those who want practicality as well as lifestyle.
- We can expect the 5-door Thar to be around ₹70,000 to ₹80,000 costlier than the current version.
- As for the performance, it will get the same 2.0-lite mStallion turbo-petrol and 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine. Transmission options too will be the same: 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic.
- We can also expect the engines to be tuned to offer more power.
- The wheelbase can be increased by up to 15% which will decrease the break-over angle.
- The increase in wheelbase will help Thar to provide extra room in the rear seating.
So, this is all for now about the 5-door Mahindra Thar. It will take on the Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door if launched by that time. Which offroader will you prefer in the 5-door version? Do let us know in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Google News to never miss any update on anything automotive.