So, this is not the first time that we have spotted a more muscular version of the Baleno in a coupe form being tested on Indian roads. However, it is the first time that we have spotted what the interior of this Maruti Suzuki Baleno coupe will look like.
What’s under the hood?
- Under its more muscular hood, the soon-to-launch Maruti Suzuki Baleno coupe the new Kiger and Magnite rival will continue with the iconic 1.5L- NA petrol engine.
- This engine comes paired with a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Moreover, it is also speculated to host a 1.4L booster jet petrol engine last seen on the Baleno RS back in 2015.
What’s new on the feature end?
- Now talking about the most important part, the new Maruti Suzuki Baleno coupe will be rigged with features taken from the current gen 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
- The feature list on the new Baleno cross includes the latest Suzuki SmartPlay Pro+ infotainment system, multifunctional leather-wrapped steering wheel, heads-up display, similar alloy wheels as to the Baleno, a 360-degree camera, superior ground clearance, leatherette seats, built-in air purifier among others.
- It is also speculated that the new Baleno coupe could also get sunroof.
What about its launch and rivals?
- It is expected that Maruti will reveal the Baleno coupe along with 2 new models suspected to be the Jimny and an all-new Creta rival.
- Talking about rivals, it will lock horns with the Renault Kiger and the Nissan Magnite which are part of the crossover segment.