The Chinese are making their way back to India. Still, missing the plot here? Well, Chinese carmaker Great Wall Motors is all set to launch its premium SUV, The Haval Dargo in India.
The company has recently filed the trademark name of the Dargo in India. It was back in 2020 when GWM planned to launch in the country but due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the border tensions, the plan was then shelved.
But now with things getting normal. It seems that GWM has prepared to launch in the country.
What’s on the mechanical front?
- Under its muscular hood, the Haval Dargo will get a 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit and a 2.0-litre turbo petrol unit.
- The 1.5-litre churns 169 hp while the 2.0-litre 211 hp respectively.
- Transmission options include a 7-speed DCT automatic gearbox as standard.
- Moreover, it will be offered in both FWD and AWD configurations.
Anything new on the feature end?
- Starting with the front, it gets a 3 slat grille with round LED headlamps and DRLs.
- The sides underpin 10 spoke alloy wheels with chunky black cladding and chrome embellishments around the windows.
- On the rear end, we get to see chunky black cladding, beaded LED taillamps and the Haval badging on the rear end.
- On the inside, The Dargo gets a massive 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment display with the same size instrument cluster alongside a multifunctional steering wheel, vertical air vents and chunky door handles.
- Additional features include premium leather seats, dual-tone paint, all blacked-out interior gaming others.
- With its launch, the GWM Haval Dargo will rival the likes of the MG Gloster and the Toyota Fortuner.