Remember the first 5-star safety-rated premium hatchback from Tata. Yes! we are talking about the Tata Altroz who was scheduled to get an EV and an automatic version. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the idea was postponed to what we guess was ‘Infinity”.
Although, there is a “BUT” to everything and so does this! During an interview with a leading media house Shailesh Chandra, MD, Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Ltd., and Tata Passenger Electric Mobility Ltd. has revealed that the launch of the Tata Altroz EV will take place this year.
The Altroz automatic was initially slated to launch last year, but due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the semi-conductor shortage, the launch was then delayed. During the interview, he also revealed the electric version of the Hyundai i20 hatchback will be introduced “at the right time”.
- Talking about the powertrain, the automatic version of the Altroz will come mated to a 7-speed DT-1 dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
- This transmission is equal to DCT but is more affordable and will accompany a new 1.2-litre, 3 cylinder turbo petrol engine.
- Coming to its electrified cousin, we can expect to see an IP-67 certified lithium battery with a permanent magnet AC motor.
- With a compact and sophisticated battery, it is also expected to get a total range of 250km – 300km.
- Although, rumor also has it that there might as well be an updated version with the Ziptron tech.
- This updated Ziptron tech will be introduced first with the facelifted version of the Tata Nexon sub-compact SUV.
- With this, we will also see an array of connected car features.
[…] the brand has also unofficially started taking the bookings for the upcoming Hyundai i20 and the Tata Altroz […]
[…] we expect a new powertrain on the new Tata Altroz […]