Here’s another one from India’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki. The Indo-Japanese carmaker seems to be preparing to take over the Indian automobile sector with a BANG! Now according to a leading media report, it has come to our notice that the homegrown brand will be launching the facelift of the brand’s iconic tall boy hatchback, The Maruti Suzuki WagonR.
Although, Maruti does have a lot to offer this, starting from the next-gen Baleno, Brezza facelift, or the new Creta and Seltos rival being developed with Toyota.
With that said the new Maruti Suzuki WagonR facelift is bound to receive a ton of new updates and features. The new facelift is expected to launch by the end of this year.
Is there anything new on the Mechanical front?
- We can expect the latest edition of the brand’s tallboy hatchback to get the same 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine.
- This engine generates maximum power of 83PS with a peak torque of 113 Nm.
- On the transmission front, this 1.2-litre petrol engine will come mated to a standard 5-speed manual and an optional AMT gearbox.
- Although, we can also expect to see a brand new 1.0-litre petrol engine.
Anything new on the feature front in the Maruti Suzuki WagonR Facelift?
- In terms of features, the WagonR facelift will get an array of new features.
- These features include a new set of alloy wheels, an 8-0-inch infotainment system, a rear parking camera, and projector headlamps.
- Additional features include imitation leather seats, dual-tone paint options, reworked front and rear bumper, etc.
- On the safety front, we can expect to see dual airbags as standard, ABD with EBD, hill assist among others.
- With Maruti now focusing on safety, the new Maruti Suzuki WagonR facelift
What about price and rivals?
- Now with the government making 6-airbags as standard, it is expected that the new WagonR facelift will come with a premium in price.
- Talking about rivals, it will lock its horns with its existing rivals like Hyundai Santro, Tata Tiago, Renault kwid, and the Datson Redi-Go.