The Indo-Japanese auto giant Maruti Suzuki India limited is set to reveal the 2nd generation of the brands offering in the premium hatchback segment, The 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
Going by leading media reports, MSIL will launch the new age Baleno on 10th February. Moreover, it is also believed that the brand has also unofficially started taking the bookings for the upcoming Hyundai i20 and the Tata Altroz rival.
With that said, it is also being speculated that the all-new 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno will be much safer compared to its previous generations. Moreover, it is also believed that the Baleno to score a safety rating of 4-stars.
The brand has also started the production of the new 2022 Baleno in full scale in order to fulfil the demand. Now going by a leading media report it is being said that the Baleno has been teased. Although looking at the teased images it seems to have been morphed.
Can we expect a new powertrain option?
- Sadly no! the new Baleno will continue to sport the same powertrain options.
These options include a 1.2-litre VVT petrol engine and a 1.2-litre DualJet VVT petrol engine.
- They produce 82hp and 89hp with the exact same torque of 113 Nm.
- They will come mated to a 5-speed manual and an optional CVT gearbox.
- Although, Maruti might ditch the existing CVT and opt for a more affordable AMT gearbox.
- With this launch, the current-gen Baleno will also be shifting to the Arena franchise.
What’s new on the feature end?
- Coming to the feature end, the new age Baleno will receive a revised front bumper with a new set to LED taillamps and black cladding.
- It will also get a brand new front grille.
- Coming to the rear end, We get to see a new set of tail lamps inspired by the current-gen Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
- Other features include rear fog lamps, Suzuki and Baleno badging on the rear as well as a shark fin antenna.
- On the inside, we will get to a 10-inch floating infotainment system, wireless charger, premium leatherette seats, multifunctional steering wheel etc.
What are the new updates?
- Some of the new features on the 2022 Baleno include wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, HUD (Heads Up Display), flat-bottom steering wheel, horizontal AC vents etc.
- The new feature list also includes 4 new colour options, LED projector headlamps and DRLs, a 7.0 and a 9.0- infotainment system option and new L-shaped taillamps and revised bumpers.