Following the footsteps of its competitors, luxury carmaker BMW has also launched a new model in the country and this time it’s the BMW X3 facelift. The new facelifted X3 has been launched with a starting price of Rs 59.90 lakhs (Ex-showroom, Delhi).
The BMW X3 facelift has been made available under two trims 30i SportX Plus and 30i M Sport. Although the brand has offered the new sub-compact SUV in two trims but there will only be one powertrain option. The major difference will be in their respective features.
What’s on the mechanical end?
- The new BMW X3 facelift gets the same 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine for both trims.
- This engine is capable of generating 252 hp with a peak torque of 350Nm.
- It comes mated to an eight-speed automation transmission.
- However, it is also speculated that an all-new diesel powertrain will also join the list sometime later this year.
What’s on the feature end?
- Talking about the design, the new facelifted BMW X3 gets revised front and rear bumpers alongside a slightly reworked front grille.
- We also get to see a new set of alloys, fully adaptive LED headlamps and taillamps.
- Stepping inside, we get to see a floating touchscreen infotainment system, a fully digital 12.3-inch instrument cluster, panoramic sunroof park assist, 360 degree camera etc.
What about rivals?
- With its launch, the new X3 facelift rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLC, Audi Q5, Volvo XC60, Lexus NX, and the Land Rover Discovery Sport.