Japanese carmaker Toyota is all set to launch the brands first lifestyle pick-up in India, The Toyota Hilux. With this launch, Toyota has entered the least-known segment in the country.
The Toyota Hilux will compete with the likes of its sole rival in India, The Isuzu D-Max. The Hilux will make its entrance in India via the CKD route and will be assembled at the Toyotas Bidadi plant.
Moreover, the Hilux will also get features borrowed from the current gen Toyota Fortuner and the Innova. Toyota has opened the bookings for the Hilux in India while the same will be launched in March of this year.
What’s on the mechanical front?
- Under its muscular hood, It will come powered by a 2.8-litre diesel engine.
- This engine churns 204 hp with a peak torque of 420 Nm with a standard 6-speed manual gearbox.
- However, with its AMT gearbox, the torque increases to 500Nm.
- Moreover, Toyota is speculated to provide the 4×4 options with select trims.
What’s on the feature end?
- It will for sure get its double-cab body style as seen on many lifestyle pick-ups in India.
- Although, it does resemble the likes of the Toyota Fortuner from the front.
- On the front end, you get a hexagonal-shaped grille with swept-back LED headlamps and a more muscular bumper.
- Coming to the inside, you can expect the Hilux to resemble the likes of the Toyota Fortuner.
- It will surely be equipped with some of the most basic features like an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple Carplay, 6- airbags, auto climate control, leatherette seats and many others.
What about its price and rivals?
- With its launch scheduled in March 2022, it will rival the likes of its sole competitor, The Isuzu D-Max.
- Coming to the price part, we can expect the new lifestyle pick-up to range somewhere between Rs. 18-30 lakhs (Ex-showroom).