This is too good to be true! but one of India’s largest and most probably the only car manufacturers to take passenger safety into consideration is all set to step its foot in the CNG segment. Yes, it’s none other than Tata Motors who seems to be all prepared to launch its first-ever CNG car in India, The Tata Tiago CNG in the coming days. The brand has teased us with a slight glimpse of the CNG variant of by far the safest hatchback in India, The Tata Tiago via an Instagram post 2 days back.
Now, going by leading media reports many dealerships have unofficially opened the booking for the CNG variants of the soon-to-launch Tiago and Tigor CNG.
It is also highly speculated that the brand is also bound to introduce the CNG options in many of its current and future models. There have also been reports of the brand re-introducing the facelifted version of the Harrier compact SUV in a CNG avatar.
Must Read: Tata Punch Scores 5-Star Rating At The Global NCAP
The unofficial booking price is said to be set at Rs. 5,000-10,000 depending upon the variant you choose.
Do we get to see a new engine?
- On the mechanical front, both the Tata Tiago and Tigor CNG will feature the same 1.2-litre petrol engine paired to a 5-speed manual and an AMT gearbox.
- However, we can expect a slight reduction in power output, all thanks to the CNG tank.
- The revised power figures now stand at 79hp with a peak torque of 100 NM.
Tata Tiago CNG: Any threat to the rivals?
- So with its launch, the Tata Tiago and Tigor CNG will rival the likes of the already existing CNG line-up from Hyundai and Maruti Suzuki.
- These include the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios CNG, Hyundai Xcent Prime, Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R, Spresso, and the Ertiga. Tiago CNG will be locking horns with Hyundai Grand i10 CNG, Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG, and the Maruti Suzuki Spresso CNG.
[…] Must Read: Tata Tiago CNG Bookings Officially Begins? […]
I want to exchange my Tiago petrol with CNG
You must contact your nearest dealership for the same, they might have something to offer.
[…] Tata Tiago CNG Bookings Officially Begins? […]
[…] to strengthen its EV portfolio in the coming years with models as Tata Sierra EV planned ahead. Tata Tiago CNG is also going to launch on 19th January, which will be the company’s first venture in the CNG […]