Yes, It’s that time of the year when India’s largest car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki is all set to unleash its big guns. Going by leading media reports and sources Maruti will be launching the second generation of the Baleno next month.
As per the leading media reports, we can expect the Next-gen Baleno to launch during the last week of February. With the generation upgrade, the all-new 2022 Baleno will come with an array of new changes but for sure with new features, we can definitely expect a mediocre price hike.
Any new mechanical upgrades?
- Talking about power, the next-gen Baleno is bound to feature the same 1.2L NA petrol engine and a 1.2L Dualjet petrol accompanied with mild-hybrid tech.
- The 1.2L NA petrol engine will give out 83bhp with a peak torque of 110 Nm while the dual jet motor will push 89bhp with a peak torque of 110Nm.
- Transmission options remain unchanged.
Anything new on the cosmetic front?
- You’ll find most of the cosmetic changes on the exterior. The next-gen Baleno will offer a newly designed grille and L-shaped wraparound headlamps and LED DRLs.
- On top of that, the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno will also get a brand new fog lamp assembly a new front bumper, and L-shaped taillights.
- Additional features include new Alloy wheels, new infotainment/instrument cluster. We can expect the infotainment system to come with sim connectivity features.
- We can surely expect the infotainment system to come with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- Other features on the inside include a new dashboard with aluminum inserts and horizontally placed AC vents, a new steering wheel with cruise control, and other features.
What about rivals?
- With its launch, the new age Maruti Suzuki Baleno will enter the premium hatchback segment. It will rival the likes of the Tata Altroz, Hyundai i20 twins, and Honda Jazz.
- It will also compete with hatchbacks from the lower segment like Tata Tiago and the Hyundai Santro.
Image Source (1)