After the Koreans and the Japanese, it’s time for the Japanese to step up the SUV game in India. With that said a Toyota RAV 4 has been spotted n India.
Although Toyota has already confirmed that the brand will be launching a new Seltos and Creta rival under the leadership of its partner Maruti Suzuki. It seems that the SUV in question is the Toyota RAV 4.
Going by leading media reports the Toyota RAV 4 is scheduled to launch by mid-2022. However many test mules have been spotted testing during the past year which also confirms that the RAV4 could be the new Creat and Seltos rival in India.
What will be its power specifications?
- In its international form, the Toyota RAV gets a 2.5-litre engine, a four-cylinder petrol engine.
- This engine generates 203hp with a peak torque of 184Nm while mates to an 8-speed DSG gearbox.
- And as far as the Indian variant is concerned, we can expect it to feature a 1.2-litre NA petrol and a 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine.
What’s on the feature front?
- Well, looking at the RAV from the images, we can expect to see a multifunctional steering wheel, premium leatherette seats, all-black interior, armrest, a free-standing 10-inch infotainment system etc.
- On the outside, the upcoming seltos rival gets projector headlamps, black cladding on the bumper, steel rims, hexagonal-shaped LED taillamps and the Toyota badging on the rear.
What about prices and rivals?
- With its launch, the RAV4 will lock its horns with some of the best selling compact SUVs like the Jeep Compass, Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta.
- Talking about prices, we can expect the RAV4 to range somewhere between Rs 17-25 lakhs (Ex-showroom) if we compare it to its current rivals.