Not too long ago, India’s biggest carmaker MSIL also known as Maruti Suzuki Indian Pvt. Ltd. launched a new generation of the brand’s most sort after car, The 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
With its launch, the 2022 new age Maruti Suzuki Baleno has set a benchmark for all of its existing rivals, Hyundai i20, Tata Altoz and its off-set cousin, The Toyota Glanza. Since its launch, Maruti has garnered record-breaking bookings for the Baleno.
Now, after launching its most heavily updated car in India. Maruti is now preparing to make the all-new 2022 Baleno more fuel-efficient. Yes, MSIL is now gearing up to launch an S-CNG variant of the Tata Altroz rival.
Going by the latest spy shots, We can clearly see a camouflaged new age Baleno fitted with a CNG test kit.
- Well, the simplest answer to this question is that since ditching the diesel mill Maruti has shifted its focus on promoting its CNG line.
- So much so that the homegrown brand has started to introduce all of its India lineup with stock CNG option. The latest one being the Maruti Suzuki Dzire S-CNG.
- Although, Maruti does hold an advanced commercial CNG lineup. But with people now shifting to more eco friendly and economic means of transport Maruti has decided to pull up the game by introducing them for private ownership as well.
What are the expected features on the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno S-CNG?
- Starting with the basics, it will get the same 1.2-litre K12N Dual-jet naturally aspirated petrol engine.
- The engine usually produces 89 bhp and a peak torque of 113 Nm.
- But paired with a stock CNG it is expected to produce 83 bhp with a peak torque of 110 Nm.
- Transmission options remain the same which includes a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard.
- On the feature end, everything is expected to remain the same as the current-gen.
[…] at an introductory price of Rs. 8,09,000, Tata Altroz will be locking horns with the Hyundai i20, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, and Honda Jazz. Let’s take a look at what all the Tata Altroz Automatic has […]