After all that struggle, it’s finally here! India’s largest carmaker MSIL is all set to bring the Alpha in the form of the brand new 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
Just a few hours back, the Indo-Japanese carmaker officially teased the upcoming Hyundai i20, Tata Altroz, and the Honda Jazz rival. The set teaser video was posted to the brand’s Nexa experience channel on Youtube.
Moreover, MSIL has also started taking bookings for their upcoming premium hatchback.
Is there a new powertrain option?
- Sadly, no! the new Baleno will continue to sport the same powertrain options.
- These options include a 1.2-litre VVT petrol engine and a 1.2-litre DualJet VVT petrol engine.
- They produce 82hp and 89hp with the exact same torque of 113 Nm.
- They will come mated to a 5-speed manual and an optional CVT gearbox.
- Although, Maruti might ditch the existing CVT and opt for a more affordable AMT gearbox.
- With this launch, the current-gen Baleno will also be shifting to the Arena franchise.
What’s new on the feature end?
- Coming to the feature end, the new age Baleno will receive a revised front bumper with a new set of LED taillamps and black cladding.
- It will also get a brand new front grille.
- Coming to the rear end, We get to see a new set of tail lamps inspired by the current-gen Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
- Other features include rear fog lamps, Suzuki and Baleno badging on the rear as well as a shark fin antenna.
- On the inside, we will get to a 10-inch floating infotainment system, wireless charger, premium leatherette seats, multifunctional steering wheel, etc.
- Some of the new features on the 2022 Baleno include wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, HUD (Heads Up Display), flat-bottom steering wheel, horizontal AC vents, etc.
- The new feature list also includes 4 new color options, LED projector headlamps, and DRLs, a 7.0 and a 9.0- infotainment system option, and new L-shaped taillamps and revised bumpers.