Well, It seems that the Japanese are up to something. Certain media reports suggest that Honda India will launch the facelift of its sole sedan in India, the Honda City, in March. So what’s new on the 2023 Honda City facelift? Let’s see
- If we go by these media reposts, the Honda City facelift will likely get minor cosmetic updates.
- This is due to its recent generation change launched in 2020. Honda seems to follow the facelift trend to save the city from fading out from the Indian car markets.
- Honda will continue to sell the Honda City facelift with petrol and a petrol Hybrid variant.
- Although the engine options will remain the same. It is expected that it might ditch the diesel engine due to the upcoming stringent RDE norms.
- We also expect the new 2023 Honda City facelift to launch with a premium of at least ₹1 lakh.
- The feature list on the inside is expected to remain the same as the previous gen.
- With its launch, The new 2023 Honda City will continue to rival the likes of the Skoda Slavia, Volkswagen Virtus and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
- The minor cosmetic changes on the City facelift might include a revised front bumper and a reworked front grille.
- We also expect the City facelift to get a new set of alloy wheels. With new alloy wheels, Honda might as well replace the space-saver tyres with normal ones.
Will the Honda City Facelift be able to make a dent in the sales of its rival? Do let us know in the comment section below.