Here is something new from the Japanese carmaker Toyota. Remember back in the day Toyota had launched a mid-size sedan to rival the likes of the Honda City and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, The Toyota Yaris.
However, due to the below-average sales numbers, the Honda City rival was sadly discontinued in 2021. But, it seems that Toyota has not given up on the Yaris yet as a new hatchback version of Toyota’s mid-size sedan has been spotted in India.
Will there be any mechanical updates?
- The European version of the Yaris comes with 3-engine options 1.0-litre, 1.5-litre petrol, and a 1.5-litre hybrid engine.
- The 1.0-litre petrol engine comes paired to a 5-speed manual and the 1.5-litre engine is mated to a 6-speed manual and an optional CVT gearbox.
- It is speculated that the Indian variant will also offer the exact same motor options.
- It will also underpin the brand’s latest TNGA (Toyota New Global Architecture).
What’s there on the feature end?
- Talking about design the fourth-gen Yaris hatchback flaunts a brand new design on the outside.
- The newer version flaunts a wider grille, projector LED headlamps, LED DRLs and a redesigned front bumper complementing its muscular look.
- Coming to the rear, the Yaris hatchback gets a roof-mounted spoiler, LED tailamps, rear wipe and sharkfin antenna.
- Although the spied model seems to be just a base variant as it supports steel wheels instead of the anticipated 16-inch ally wheels.
- On the inside, we can expect to see features like an 8.0-inch Toyota smart+ pro touchscreen infotainmnet system compatible with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- Alongside the infotainment, we will also get to see a binocular-style 4.2-inch instrument display, over 40 connected car features, auto climate control, adaptive cruise control, lane trace assist system, etc.
When is the India Launch?
- Going by the latest media reports Toyota is expected to launch the mini Yaris during this year’s festive season (Septmber-December).