Tata Motors was a showstopper at the Auto Expo 2023! With a lineup of new cars and really interesting variants of the already existing ones, Tata Motors grabbed the eyes of the crowd at India’s largest automotive show. One of the major showstoppers was the Tata Harrier EV. Here’s what we know so far about the Tata Harrier EV:
- To be launched in 2024 (expected)
- The Harrier EV will be based on a modified version of the OMEGA (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced) architecture
- Tata HarWill be India’s first 4×4 EV SUV
- Tata Motors will offer a dual-motor configuration
- Do note that it will be Tata’s first EV to get a twin electric motor setup
- Though it shares the platform with the ICE Harrier, we’ll be looking at a major physical makeover.
- You can expect a range of around 500-600 km on a single charge.
- It will be rivaling the upcoming Mahindra XUV800 (electric XUV700)
- You can expect the price of the Tata Harrier EV to be over Rs.30 lakhs. Although, Tata is known for its aggressive pricing, so let’s see.
Tata Harrier EV: Powertrain
As per the reports, Tata Harrier EV will be featuring GenII EV architecture, which is a notch above the current tech in the Nexon EV. You should expect a battery pack of around 60 to kWh in the Harrier EV.
Should you wait for the Harrier EV?
It really depends! The Harrier EV has no definite launch date and delivery period as of now. If you’re ready to wait for at least 1.5 to 2 years, this EV might be a good buy, especially considering the fact of how much the EV infrastructure will grow by then. What do you think about the Harrier SUV? Is it going to be a game changer in the powerful EV segment? Do let us know in the comments section below.