This is something that we all have been waiting for the longest time. A few months back Hyundai was caught testing a new sedan on International soil which was speculated to be the next-gen Verna. Although certain media reports also suggested that Hyundai might be working on a new model which was either formatted to replace the Verna for the Indian markets or the product was focused only on the European market.
But Hyundai had something else planned, despite replacing the brand’s cult classic, the Koreans decided to give it a complete makeover and officially teased the next-gen Hyundai Verna a few days after new years.
And this was not just another makeover, Just like what Mahindra did with the Thar. Hyundai too decided to add some extraordinary features to excite new buyers. One of its many features was the Level-2 ADAS.
The presence of Level-2 also makes the Verna, the first car in its segment to have such advanced safety features.
- The new Hyundai Verna also gets 6 airbags & 3-point seatbelts as standard
- The new Honda City rival is scheduled to be unveiled on March 21st 2023
- It will be offered in 4 trims- EX, S, SX and SX (O)
- We will also get to see 17+ Level-2 ADAS features
- The ADAS suite on the Verna Includes- collision warning, blind spot collision warning, blind spot collision-avoidance assist, lane keeping assist, lane departure warning, driver attention warning, adaptive cruise control with stop and go, lane following assist, leading vehicle departure alert, rear cross-traffic collision-avoidance assist.
- While the revised standard safety list includes ESC, hill start assist, front parking sensors etc
- The new 2023 Hyundai Verna will also offer two 1.5-litre petrol engines
- With its launch in April, the new Verna will lock horns with the Honda City, Volkswagen Virtus, Skoda Slavia and Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
- On the Cosmetic front, we do get see an entirely new front and rear fascia
- The interior of the new Hyundai Verna has been inspired by the Mahindra XUV700 as it gets a split-screen dashboard with some additional eye-catching features.