It’s finally here! Czech auto giant Skoda is all set to reveal the sedan version of the brands latest and the only indigenous compact SUV, The Skoda Kushaq.
The sedan in question is the all-new Skoda Slavia which was earlier scheduled to make its debut in 2021, but due to the ongoing pandemic, the launch then was shifted to this year.
With that being said, Skoda plans to launch the new Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Vento and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz rival this very month. While answering a tweet Zac Hollis, Sales and Marketing Director, Skoda also revealed that the test drives will also commence by the first week of March 2022.
Now with its launch nearing the batches of the soon to launch Slavia have started to arrive at brand dealerships.
What are powertrain options?
- Under its elongated hood, we will get to see 2 engine options.
- A 1.0L TSI and a 1.5L TSI petrol engine.
- It is based on Volkswagen’s MQB AO IN platform and unpins the already existing Skoda Kushaq and the Volkswagen Taigun.
- These engines generate 115hp with 178Nm of Torque and 150hp with 250Nm of torque respectively.
- On the transmission front, we’ll have a 6-speed manual transmission as standard.
- While the optional transmission options include a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
What’s on the feature front?
- On the feature end, the new Skoda Slavia gets its looks from the already existing Skoda Kushaq.
- On the inside, it gets a 10-inch infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, utility recess, ambient lighting, circular AC vent etc.
- The feature list continues with touch control climatronic, ventilated front seats, contrast stitching, multifunctional steering wheel among others.
- Stepping outside, the new Honda City rival closely resembles the likes of the already existing sub-compact SUV from the Czech carmaker Skoda.
[…] existing Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Toyota Yaris rival just got some new updates. India’s largest car make […]
You choose peace or war?
We don’t support wars! So, we choose cars.