After the C5 Aircross Compact SUV, French car giant Citroen is all set to bring in its mini version, the Citroen C3.
The C3 has been spied many times before with camouflage but this time the same has been spied without disguise revealing quite a lot about the new hatchback cum subcompact SUV.
The Citroen was spied while on test near the Chennai-Porur toll junction and was shared on the RUSHLANE spy group on Facebook.
As of now, the Citroen C3 has no segment. But on the positive end, the new miniature C5 Aircross is being developed and produced in India at the brand’s Thiruvallur plant in Chennai.
Any mechanical upgrade?
- There has been no confirmation about the mechanical specs for the C3.
- However, you can expect to see a 1.2 litre NA petrol engine.
- This engine produces 81hp with a peak torque of 113Nm.
- Although, there could also be a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine generating 100hp with a peak torque of 150Nm.
- Transmission options will include a standard 5-speed manual and automatic options.
- Although, it is hard to say whether Citroen will stick to a diesel powertrain or not.
Anything new on the feature end?
- The C3 will be based on the CMP modular platform and will resemble the likes of its big brother, The C5 Aircross.
- On the outside, we will see a Citroen’s signature spilt lamp setup with LED DRLs and wraparound taillamps.
- Additonal features on the outside includes chrome finished split hexagonal grilles, faux brushed aluminium skid plates and dual tone bumpers.
- There also sits duel tone ally wheels resembling the like of Ford’s ecosport, a conventional antenna, roof rails and dual tone paint.
- On the inside we get a 10 inch touchscreen infotainment system compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- A dual-tone three spoke multifunctional steering wheel will also be there alongside manual AC controls, fabric seats, orange coloured dashboard, manual IRVMs, A-pillat mounted speakers, fully digital instrument cluster and many more.
What will be the price bracket?
- You can expect it be the most aggressively prices Citroen. This is being done to attract more buyers to the brands exclusive ‘La Maison’ showrooms.
- It is still unknown which segment the C3 Aircross will be part of but it is for sure that this might the most budget friendly car in its segment.
- Going by reports, the Citroen will range between Rs 5-8 lakhs (Ex-Showroom).