It’s the Chinese owned British car manufacturer MG who seems to be all set to launch the avatar of its most liked model in the country, the MG ZS EV.
Yes, according to a report published by a leading media house (AutoCar) Team MG has been working in full force to introduce the MG ZS EV facelift.
Moreover, the report also claims that the brand will be launching the electrified avatar of the MG Astor sometime next month.
Although, this comes just days after the 2022 Tata Nexon EV was spied testing on Indian roads. The question which still remained unanswered is whether both the electrified sub-compact SUVs will receive higher mileage compared to their pre-facelift avatar.
Any new Mechanical upgrades?
- Following the footsteps of its indigenous counterpart, the Tata Nexon, the ZS EV will also get a bigger battery pack.
- This will automatically result in an on-road range.
- The current model packs a 44.5kWh battery which MG claims offer a clear range of 340km on a single charge.
- The revised range is set to lay between 420-450 km on a single charge.
Any new cosmetic upgrades?
- This is where the real magic will happen. On the cosmetic front, the 2022 MG ZS EV is bound to get a number of new and techy upgrades.
- Starting with the exterior, It is bound to receive a brand new front and rear bumper with reworked headlights and taillights.
- The front grille will be replaced by a single outer covering with vents and the MG logo.
- Stepping Inside, the new age MG ZS EV will resemble the likes of the current-gen MG Astor, which also happens to be its ICE cousin.
- Features on the inside include a wireless charger, level 2 ADAS, a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, soft-touch door surroundings etc.
Will there be any increase in its price?
- With added features and a higher range. the new ZS EV will see a minimum price hike of Rs 1.50 lakhs.
- With its launch, it will continue to rival the likes of the Hyundai Kona and the Tata Nexon.