It’s almost here! The launch of India’s most fuel-efficient car is just around the corner and just from its official launch, Maruti has opened the bookings of the new 2022 Maruti Suzuki Celerio S-CNG at the dealership level.
Although the official date and day of the launch are yet to be revealed. Some dealerships have unofficially started taking bookings for the Maruti Suzuki Celerio S-CNG. The booking price for the Celerio CNG is between Rs. 8-11 thousand depending upon the variant you choose.
Any update on the mechanical front?
- Under its new and updated hood, the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Celerio S-CNG will get the same 1-litre petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual and an optional AMT gearbox.
- However, with the pre-installed CNG kit, there will definitely be a slight reduction in power.
- With a pre-installed CNG kit, there will be an increase in fuel efficiency.
- As of now, the Wagon R CNG offers a range of 32.52km/kg while the Celerio is expected to offer more.
- You will get the CNG variant with the base-spec LXI and mid-spec VXI options.
Any feature update?
- You can expect the Celerio CNG in the base and mid-spec variants. So, you might get some of the very basic features.
- These features include central door locking, power windows, parking sensors, and front airbags.
Will there be a price hike?
- With its launch, we can expect to see a price hike of about Rs. 80,000 over its petrol rival.
- It will also compete with the likes of its existing CNG rivals, The Hyundai Santro, the upcoming Tata Tiago, and the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R.