Well, Japanese carmaker Toyota is back at it again and is all set to launch another rebadged car from Maruti’s current line-up for the Indian market. This time it’s the Celerio which will be rebadged as the Toyota Vitz. Yes, Toyota has picked another car from Maruti’s line-up to have it reintroduced as its own.
- It is believed that the Vitz will feature minor cosmetic updates in the form of the Maruti Badges being replaced with Toyota’s very own.
- Although, It is expected that we might see new upholstery alongside Toyota’s badging.
- The rebadged Maruti Suzuki Celerio will be powered by the same 1.0-litre K10C, 3-cylinder dualjet petrol engine with dual VVT.
- While the transmission options will include a standard 5-speed MT and an optional AMT.
- That’s not all! It will continue to offer a fuel efficiency of 25.23kmpl with MT and 26.68kmpl with AMT.
- The feature list is very likely to remain the same as it is on the Maruti Suzuki Celerio.
- The Toyota Vitz will also be sold at a premium of ₹20,000 compared to its cousin.
- It is also believed that Toyota will be rebadging 7 of Maruti’s upcoming vehicles like the Ertiga, Fronx, and Spresso among others.
- The Vitz is targeted at South African markets and will be replacing the Toyota Agya.
- If and when launched in India, the Vitz will lock horns with the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, Tata Tiago & Renault Kwid.
So what are your thoughts on the Toyota Vitz? Do let us know in the comment section below.