It was expected to launch by now. But with the whole pandemic situation, Skoda is evident about taking care of its teams. This has shifted the launch of Skoda Kushaq to the end of June 2021, i.e. by the end of this month, Zac Hollis confirms. In a series of replies to some tweets, Zac has said that very few dealers are open at present. So we can expect the Kushaq to launch by the end of June now.
Skoda Kushaq is one of the much-awaited cars this year. People are eagerly waiting for the price announcement and bookings to begin. From what we know so far, let’s list it down.
- Skoda Kushaq will be offered in three variants: Active, Ambition and Style.
- The compact SUV will have 2 engine options: 1.0-litre TSI and 1.5-lite TSI. There is no diesel engine on the offer.
- As for the transmission options, we’ll be getting a 6-speed manual, 6-speed torque converter and 7-speed DCT.
- Both the engine options will be powerful than the ones in Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta.
- It will be the smallest in the segment in terms of length, breadth and height.
- Skoda has managed a wheelbase of 2651mm, 41mm wider than the Kia Seltos or Hyundai Creta. This leaves us with a boot space of 385 litres, which again is the smallest in the segment.
- We can expect the Skoda Kushaq to be priced aggressively. It is expected to start at ₹9 lakhs (Ex-Showroom)
Is the Kushaq worth the wait? Let us know in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Google News.