The Mahindra Thar can be considered as the one who single-handedly made a for itself and one of India’s largest carmakers Mahindra and Mahindra. Since its launch in 2010, the Mahindra Thar has been a crowd magnet.
It was back in October 2020 when Mahindra launched the 2nd generation of its iconic off-roader. With its launch, the new-gen Thar garnered over 1,00,000 bookings and had a waiting period of almost 1.5yrs. Which still hasn’t changed much.
There is one thing that we Indians are known for globally, and that one we are hard to please, and the other thing is that we get bored very easily. So much so that we started to demand a 5-door version as well. And to please the audience Mahindra also started to work on the 5-door variation of the homemade off-roader.
It was last year when we first saw the 5-door version being tested abroad and early this year when Mahindra bought the homemade beast to her mother country for testing. Recently the 5-door Mahindra Thar has been spotted testing under different road conditions.
But now, The actual timeline for its launch has been revealed. According to certain media reports Mahindra plans to launch the 5-door Thar by early 2024.
- We can expect to see the 5-Door Mahindra Thar at the upcoming 2023 Auto Expo scheduled for January 2023.
- With that said, Mahindra has already been testing to test its durability and strength
- With its launch, The Mahindra Thar 5-Door will rival the Maruti Suzuki Jimny, 5-Door Gurkah (Ksatriya) which are yet to launch.
- Talking about its existing rival, it will lock horns with the Jeep Rubicon and the Force Gurkha.
- It is also expected that the new and longer wheelbase Thar will also get a minor facelift.
- Talking about mechanical specifications we can expect to see the same engine as on the current-gen Mahindra Thar.