India’s safest carmaker Tata is all set to take on the automobile sector with its line-up of stock CNG cars. Tata’s new CNG line-up includes Tata Tiago and the Tigor CNG. With its launch nearing Tata has already started to ship the product at its brand dealership.
With that said a Tata Tigor SNG was spied at a dealership stockyard ahead of its speculated launch date of January 19th, 2022.
Maruti Suzuki Cars Price Hike: WagonR, Ertiga, Baleno, Eeco
You will have Tata Tigor CNG in its top variants XZ and XZ+. However, its hatchback cousin will be offered XM, XT, and XZ+ trims.
Any cosmetic changes?
- Having a brief look at the all-new Tata Tigor CNG everything tends to remain the same except the green and chrome CNG badge on the boot.
- The CNG tank will take the majority of the boot space.
- Apart from that everything on the cosmetic end remains the same.
6 Airbags to be Made Mandatory for all Cars!
Any changes on the mechanical front?
- Under its hood, it gets the same 1.2-litre petrol engine. When on petrol it churns 86hp with a peak torque of 113 Nm.
- We can expect the power and torque will be reduced to 80hp with a peak torque of 103 Nm when switched to CNG.
- Transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual transmission only.
- There will be a dedicated button either on the centre console which helps swiching between the petrol and CNG.
- The CNG tank is also speculatedto be of 60-litre unit.
- With a stock CNG we can also expected a hike in its fuel efficiency.
- With its launch, the Tiago CNG will rival the likes of the Hyundai Xcent prime, Hyundai Aura CNG and the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire S-CNG.